deskop

PC Information Guides

Mac Versus PC: Which One’s Better in 2016?

The Mac vs PC debate has been going on since the 90s. Where does the debate stand in 2016? What are the major differences between Macs and PCs in 2016? Find out today as we look at the software, hardware, value, and security of the world’s two most popular computers.

Hardware & Design
We’ll start by looking at the design and exterior hardware on both the Mac and PC – since it’s the first thing you notice.
Macs have always been known for their hardware design quality. In the 1990s, PCs were boring, bland, and boxy. Macs were colorful, sleek, and modern-looking. The original iMac – with its lamp-like design – was one of the best-looking computers ever made.

Gaming
Gaming has certainly got better on the Mac over the years – but it still lags years behind the PC. Sure, you might be able to get Civilization V on your Mac, but virtually all major titles come out first on the PC – and most never get to the Mac.

Windows 10 Versus Mac OS X
For all the controversy of Windows 8, Microsoft really improved its flagship OS with Windows 10. Cortana is a built-in feature that’s legitimately useful.
Apple, on the other hand, does not have Siri integration on Mac OS – although it’s likely coming in the future.

Security: Which Computer is Safer?
We’re a long ways removed from the “Macs don’t get viruses” advertising spin of the 1990s and early 2000s. Now, we know that Macs do get viruses – and they can be quite devastating.

Value
Value is kind of like the “gaming” category of the Mac vs PC debate: do we really have to talk about it?
The truth is, Macs have never been for the value-minded customer. Without exception, Macs give you worse tech specs at a higher price. You can build a $500 PC that has the same tech specs as a $2000+ Mac.

Mac Versus PC: Which One is Best in 2016?
We’re going to admit our bias here: you’re reading news on a PC news website. Most of us aren’t exactly Mac fanboys.

Still, we think the facts speak for themselves: if you like getting good value for your money, performing a wide variety of tasks on your PC, and enjoying a larger number of choices, then the PC is the platform for you.

Read Full Article: Mac Versus PC